Effective from 7th May 2018
Buttons Nanny Agency is the Trading name for Buttons Nanny Limited, registered at 34 Queensbury Station Parade, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 5NN. Buttons Nanny Agency is an introduction agency which helps find families suitable nannies to care for their children.
We take data protection very seriously and understand the importance of protecting your privacy and Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual such as your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone numbers, details of your children and CV.
How do we collect information from you?
Please do not submit such Personal Information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
However, please be aware, some Personal Information may include information you voluntarily, but unintentionally provided to us (for example, if you express preferences regarding searches for jobs in a particular area you are seeking employment in, roles and responsibilities for the role you wish the nanny to do).
What Personal Information do we collect?
Personal Information we collect about you may include the following:
- General identification and contact information: your name; address; email; postal address; telephone details; gender; marital status; family status; date and place of birth; physical attributes including photos.
- Other sensitive information: Ofsted registration certificate; Disclosure and Barrings Certificate (DBS); Passport details; Driving licence details; birth certificate; marriage certificate.
- Publically available information in relation to professional history: educational background; employment history; skills and experience; professional licenses and affiliations; educational and professional qualifications
What legal basis do we rely on to process your Personal Information?
On some occasions, Buttons Nanny Agency processes your data with your consent. For example, we rely on consent when we send jobs emails. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
The processing is necessary to fulfil a contract
Buttons Nanny Agency may process your data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you, such as to send your CV to a family for a specific job role.
Buttons Nanny Agency also processes your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
Our legitimate interests include:
- ensuring the security and integrity of our Services and in ensuring that our Websites operate effectively;
- protecting families and nannies and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- sending promotional/marketing communications which are relevant and tailored to either nannies or clients.
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes; and
The processing is necessary because of a legal obligation that applies
Buttons Nanny Agency may process your data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations e.g. preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies.
Who do we share your Personal Information with?
Buttons Nanny Agency may make Personal Information available to:
We may share your personal data other sites such as online nanny job portals. We may also share your personal data with nanny payroll agencies, with regards to any additional checks we need to make. Access to Personal Information within Buttons Nanny Agency, is restricted to those individuals who have a need to access the information for our business purposes.
Governmental authorities and third parties involved in court action
Buttons Nanny Agency may share Personal Information with governmental or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, workers’ compensation boards, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies); and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to requests from public and Government authorities including public and Government authorities outside your country of residence;
- to enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- to protect our operations or those of any of our franchises
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and that of our franchises, you or others; and
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
How we use Personal Information?
We use Personal Information to do some or all of the following:
- Communicate with you as part of our business;
- Send you important information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, the Buttons Nanny Agency Website and other administrative information;
- Provide improved quality, training and security and manage other commercial risks;
- Carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys;
- Provide marketing information to you including jobs emails.
- Facilitate social media sharing functionality;
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; business continuity; and records, document and print management;
- Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism; comply with legal process; and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence);
- Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations or those of any of our group companies or insurance business partners, our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our group companies, you or others; and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
International Transfers of Personal Information
Personal Information which you supply to us is generally stored and kept inside the European Economic Area.
Buttons Nanny Agency is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alterations, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold.
Our security measures include:
- encryption of our services and data;
- review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures;
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
If you enable us, we access the following Services for the limited purpose of helping us to upload or otherwise access your CV, cover letters or any other documents you provide us to assist you apply for jobs. The Services we use are:
- Google Cloud
We will ask for your consent before using information for any purpose other.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
- If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
Children and minors
Buttons Nanny Agency is not directed towards individuals under the age of eighteen (18).
Who to contact about your Personal Information
The data controller for the Buttons Nanny Agency office you registered with is responsible for your information. If you have any questions about this policy or our use of your Personal Information you can email the following:
Data Protection Officer, Buttons Nanny Agency, 24A Pitshanger Lane, Ealing, London, W5 1QY email@example.com
Surrey & Hertfordshire Office
Data Protection Officer, Buttons Nanny Agency, 176 Oaklands Avenue, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD19 4LQ. firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not think we are handling your Personal Information adequately, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, are available at https://ico.org.uk